"My Hip Was Killing Me" - Andy Murray Reveals Cruel Moment He Knew It Was Over!

Tennis Legend Andy Murray has revealed the moment he knew in Miami that it was all over for him.

The 31-year-old in tears announced his plans to retire after the Australian Open due to his painful injury.

MySportDab report Half an hour after Friday's tearful press conference, Murray sat in a side room at Melbourne Park and opened up about his physical descent.

"After I practiced with Verdasco I told my team in the locker room, like "This is it, I need to know when this is over", revealed the double Wimbledon champion.

"I didn't lose the practice heavily. It was something like 7-5, 4-3. My hip was hurting and I was in pain. As the practice went on, it was getting worse and I was thinking "I can't do this. What I am doing this for?"

'I had tears in my eyes and said "My hip is killing me. I shouldn't be continuing to go through that for nothing any more".

"The same sequence was happening — as soon as I started to increase my tennis loadand play matches, the pain gets worse and my performance drops and I have to take a rest for a few days. It was enough."


Comments

Most Read Posts Stories

Nigerian vice president Prof. Osinbajo Received Delegates From Microsoft Corporation

Singer Kaha: I Met My Wife On Facebook After She Responded To My DM

Pretty Saudi Social Media Influencer Under Fire For Marrying An American Christian

World Boxing Champion Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr Rematch in Saudi Arabia

Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country

American Firm Hoists Nigerian Flag To Honour Employee

Queen Elizabeth II Calls For Unity Ahead Of Brexit In 2018 Christmas Message

President Buhari Made Me Take Half Of My Salary – Osinbajo, Vice President

More Stories

Show more