My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece

Monday a beautifully sunny, windless day, I woke up 9:00 a.m. I left my city with my aim (life to travel across the world) board a bus going to Makrinitsa, Greece. The air temperature was 16°C, but there is snow on the mountains.

Makrinitsa one of the most touristy mountain villages of Greece and is famous for its traditional color, its unique architecture and its excellent view towards Volos and the Pagasitic Gulf.

The first thing I did was paying a visit to one of the oldest trees in Europe. Located in the square of Tsagarada in Pelion

According to reports by foresters, the plane tree it is around 1000 years old.

The tree branches are as thick as a tree trunk and the circumference of the trunk measures 14 meters, the crown of the plane tree is so large that it is difficult to measure it. Its perimeter may even be 40 meters.

Tsagkarada Village is a lovely place.

Like my 36 states tour in Nigeria where I visited Museums and holy lands, I left Tsagkarada for Museum of Byzantine Art and Culture of Makrinitsa from 13th-20th century. It serves education programs in schools and universities. To see a lovely exhibition of liturgical art, feature icons, canvas and altar pieces from local masters. Nicely done museum of Eastern Christian art and pieces.

To be honest, I am very impressed of very interesting orthodox christian art. Rare statue of Virgin Mary, uniqueness in Makrinitsa, Greece.

I learned a lot about (churches) christinity, the town and Virgin Mary.

Check out the photos and video below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH1wJnr63bY&feature=youtu.be






Comments

Most Read Posts Stories

Ladies Pull Down Their Panties In Public To Mock Yahoo Boys And Ritualists.Photo

What a USA Lady Did After Nigerian Man Begged Her To Marry Him To Go To America

Wife Drags Cheating Husband By His Joystick After Catching Him In South Africa

More Stories

Show more