My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece

Monday a beautifully sunny, windless day, I woke up 9:00 a.m. I left my city with my aim (life to travel across the world) board a bus going to Makrinitsa, Greece. The air temperature was 16°C, but there is snow on the mountains.

Makrinitsa one of the most touristy mountain villages of Greece and is famous for its traditional color, its unique architecture and its excellent view towards Volos and the Pagasitic Gulf.

The first thing I did was paying a visit to one of the oldest trees in Europe. Located in the square of Tsagarada in Pelion

According to reports by foresters, the plane tree it is around 1000 years old.

The tree branches are as thick as a tree trunk and the circumference of the trunk measures 14 meters, the crown of the plane tree is so large that it is difficult to measure it. Its perimeter may even be 40 meters.

Tsagkarada Village is a lovely place.

Like my 36 states tour in Nigeria where I visited Museums and holy lands, I left Tsagkarada for Museum of Byzantine Art and Culture of Makrinitsa from 13th-20th century. It serves education programs in schools and universities. To see a lovely exhibition of liturgical art, feature icons, canvas and altar pieces from local masters. Nicely done museum of Eastern Christian art and pieces.

To be honest, I am very impressed of very interesting orthodox christian art. Rare statue of Virgin Mary, uniqueness in Makrinitsa, Greece.

I learned a lot about (churches) christinity, the town and Virgin Mary.

Check out the photos and video below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH1wJnr63bY&feature=youtu.be






Comments

Most Read Posts Stories

Nigerian vice president Prof. Osinbajo Received Delegates From Microsoft Corporation

Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country

A bold Hausa Girl life is be threatened because She converted from Islam to Christianity

American Firm Hoists Nigerian Flag To Honour Employee

A begger in lagos Nigeria earn N300,000 in a month

Queen Elizabeth II Calls For Unity Ahead Of Brexit In 2018 Christmas Message

Google Nigeria Recruitment for Head of Africa NBU Programs

We Won’t Handover Power To Young Nigerians Just because They Insult Us– El-rufai

Top Myths About Vagina Tightening

More Stories

Show more